JK Village Defense Guard Scheme
The Union Home Minister has given approval for the formation of the Village Defense Guard Scheme 2023 in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, a day before the auspicious occasion of Independence Day. This wage has been started with more joy on expressing gratitude to Union Minister Jitendra Singh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
The VDG scheme is related to the previous VDG scheme. Friends, in today’s article, we will tell you what is the Village Defense Guards Scheme. It will share with you all the information related to eligibility along with the documents required to apply and the salary and duty details received under the program along with the purpose, benefits, and reason for starting this. So we request that you must read this article of ours.
Village Defense Guard Scheme 2023
As we told you that the announcement of the launch of the Gram Rakshak Guard Scheme was given on the 14th of August. Which deals with security for the state of Jammu and Kashmir. In this 2023 year, many things have been started by the government on the occasion of Amrit Mahotsav, among them is the VDGS scheme. The purpose of starting is to provide security in the border areas of our heaven Jammu and Kashmir.
This program was started at that time. When there was Amrit Mahotsav of independence in an effort to increase security in the border areas of Jammu. According to officials, Gram Rakshak cards will be issued with the responsibility of safeguarding community establishments and basic amenities within their village limits starting on the auspicious occasion of August 15.
Selected people are those who are under the system all day and night for the sole purpose of defending their territories, especially from terrorists. VDGS has been divided by the government into two categories namely those who have a valid arms license and those who have been provided with weapons by the Jammu and Kashmir Police. With this those who have valid licenses and weapons are willing to buy weapons on their own.
Highlights of Village Defence Guards Scheme 2023 Detail
|Name of the Scheme||Village Defence Guards Scheme|
|Launched By||Central Government|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Jammu and Kashmir|
|Mode to Apply||Online/Offline|
|Objective||provide self-defense and security in the villages near the border.|
|Benefits||The security of the villages of the state of Jammu and Kashmir will be ensured|
|Category||Jammu and Kashmir Government Schemes|
History of VDG
This program was known as the Defense Committee as of 30 September 1995. Under this, the Indian Army and Police were involved in providing training to the volunteers of the communities. As part of this program, firearms were provided to the VDCs and they were ordered to protect the most vulnerable villages located in the hilly areas of the Jammu region. Rifles were used to defend their communities against other acts of terrorism. Under which the Indian Army and Jammu and Kashmir Police were assisted by the members of the VDG, not the fight against terrorism. It has long been the desire of the members of VDCs that the committee chair is more structured and more options are issued on their payment.
Village Defence Guards Yojana Objectives
The Village Defense Guards scheme launched by the central government aims to organize a small group of volunteers among armed civilians in the deep areas of Jammu and Kashmir. Along with this, one view of starting the scheme is also that of the government to provide self-defense protection in the villages near the border. Under the VDG program, visits will be made near the border during the day and at night to protect the village.
For this, the volunteer guard will be provided an opportunity for auspicious work. The members of VDC have long wanted this committee to be given more structure and given some more options related to payments. For this reason, the central government has started the VDG scheme to ensure the welfare of such guards.
Benefits of Village Defense Guards Yojana and the following important points:-
- This scheme was launched by Union Minister Jitendra Singh to create a sense of protection and to ensure the security of the village as well as to establish infrastructure around it by volunteers in the identified villages in the boundaries and depth areas of the Jammu and Kashmir division. Organizes a small group of armed civilians and investigates cross-border movements.
- The Village Defense Guard program will be held responsible for protecting the communal establishment and infrastructure within the village. Under which they will patrol day and night.
- It was necessary to amend the existing plan to improve the security grid in the Union Territory to prevent cross-border motivated and supported terrorist cases with a special focus on security in the areas of Jammu and Kashmir as well as in the Union Territories.
- Now the new organization will be known as “Village Defense Group”. It will be headed by an army officer.
- Simultaneously, a sensible selection will be made from the applicants submitted by the members of the Administration Group who will put their time and effort on a volunteer basis.
- 4500 per month to the village defense group, one person from the village defense group out of two groups. Under the second group, the volunteer members will be paid Rs 4000 per month. Along with this, support will also be given to village chowkidar and Woodard at “vulnerable places”.
- The VDG program is divided into two categories. A valid license and arms were granted by the Jammu and Kashmir Police. Along with others who are willing to procure a valid license and arms themselves.
- Under this scheme, ex-servicemen and ex-policemen of the village are eligible to apply.
- Competent youth who are proficient in handling arms and ammunition and are ready to contribute to the welfare of the community and to the security of the village
How to Apply for Village Defence Guards Yojana?
No information related to online or offline has been given for applying under the Village Defense Guard Scheme 2023. It is provided above only. When any information related to the scheme is provided by the authority. So we will update you through this article. That’s why we request that you are connected under this article of ours.
This revised plan is an expression of the willingness of the participating people to actively and voluntarily participate in the efforts to help prevent the evil plans of anti-national elements and protect the sovereignty and integrity of the nation.
|Apply Online Link||NA|
|PMHelpline Homepage||Click Here|