SSC Stenographer 2023
SSC Stenographer Recruitment is a national-level examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the recruitment of stenographers in various government departments and offices. The exam is conducted annually and is a great opportunity for candidates who wish to work in the government sector. The exam is conducted in two stages – a computer-based test and a skill test.
Eligibility criteria for SSC Stenographer Recruitment include a minimum educational qualification of 10+2 from a recognized board or university. The age limit for the exam is between 18 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided to the candidates belonging to the reserved categories as per the government rules.
कर्मचारी चयन आयोग (Staff Selection Commission) के माध्यम से आयोजित होने वाली एसएससी स्टेनोग्राफर परीक्षा भारतीय नागरिकों के लिए एक महत्वपूर्ण अवसर है। यह परीक्षा स्टेनोग्राफर पदों के लिए आयोजित की जाती है और कुल 8378 रिक्तियों को भरने का अवसर प्रदान करती है। इस परीक्षा के लिए आवेदन ऑनलाइन माध्यम से किए जा सकते हैं और आवेदन की अंतिम तिथि 23/08/2023 है। यह परीक्षा एसएससी स्टेनोग्राफर ग्रुप सी और डी के नाम से जानी जाती है और परीक्षा का आयोजन ऑनलाइन मोड में होता है। परीक्षा की तारीखें 02/08/2023 से शुरू होती हैं। इस परीक्षा के माध्यम से चयनित उम्मीदवारों को भारत के विभिन्न स्थानों पर नौकरी की सुविधा प्रदान की जाती है। इस परीक्षा की जानकारी और ऑनलाइन आवेदन के लिए आधिकारिक वेबसाइट www.ssc.nic.in पर जाएं।
SSC Stenographer Exam 2023
The SSC Stenographer Exam is conducted in three different grades – Grade C and Grade D, with different pay scales. Grade C stenographers are appointed in the Ministries or Departments of the Central Government, while Grade D stenographers are appointed in the Attached and Subordinate offices of the Central Government.
The SSC Stenographer Exam is a highly competitive exam, with thousands of candidates appearing for the exam every year. The selection process for the exam involves a computer-based test and a skill test. The computer-based test consists of 200 multiple-choice questions, divided into three sections – General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Language and Comprehension. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours.
SSC Stenographer Application Form 2023
The skill test for SSC Stenographer Recruitment is conducted for the candidates who qualify for the computer-based test. The skill test is designed to assess the stenography skills of the candidates. The skill test is conducted in two stages – a typing test and a transcription test. The candidates are required to type a given dictation at a speed of 100 words per minute for Grade C stenographers and 80 words per minute for Grade D stenographers. The transcription test is conducted on a computer and the candidates are required to transcribe the dictation within a given time limit.
The SSC Stenographer Recruitment is a great opportunity for candidates who wish to work in the government sector as stenographers. The exam is highly competitive and requires a lot of hard work and dedication to crack. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam online through the official website of the SSC. The exam is a gateway to a rewarding career in the government sector with good pay and benefits.
Highlights of SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2023
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of the Posts||Stenographer|
|Total No. of Posts||8378 Vacancies|
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer Notification 2023 Pdf|
|Job Location||PAN India|
|Last Date for Apply||23/08/2023|
|Job Category||Sarkari Naukri|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023
The eligibility criteria for SSC Stenographer Recruitment are the minimum requirements that a candidate must meet in order to be eligible for the exam. The eligibility criteria include educational qualifications, age limit, and nationality. Candidates who do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
The first eligibility criterion for SSC Stenographer Recruitment is educational qualifications. Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board or university in order to be eligible for the exam. Candidates who are in their final year of 10+2 can also apply for the exam, but they must provide proof of passing the exam before the date of the skill test.
Age Limit as on 2023
The second eligibility criterion for SSC Stenographer Recruitment is the age limit. The minimum age limit for the exam is 18 years, and the maximum age limit is 30 years. Candidates who belong to the reserved categories are given age relaxation as per the government rules. The age relaxation for SC/ST candidates is 5 years, for OBC candidates it is 3 years, and for PwD candidates it is 10 years.
- Age Relaxation is applicable as per Central Govt Jobs Rules.
The third eligibility criterion for SSC Stenographer Recruitment is nationality. Candidates must be Indian citizens in order to be eligible for the exam. Candidates who are subject to the jurisdiction of Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibetan refugees who came to India before January 1, 1962, are also eligible for the exam.
In addition to the above eligibility criteria, there are some other important points that candidates must keep in mind. Candidates must have a valid email ID and mobile number, which they will be required to provide at the time of registration. Candidates must also have the required documents, such as educational certificates, caste certificates, and disability certificates (if applicable), at the time of registration. Candidates who do not have the required documents will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
The eligibility criteria for SSC Stenographer Recruitment are the minimum requirements that a candidate must meet in order to be eligible for the exam. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam online through the official website of the SSC. Candidates are advised to read the eligibility criteria carefully before applying for the exam to ensure that they meet all the requirements.
The exam fee for SSC Stenographer Recruitment varies for different categories of candidates. General and OBC category candidates are required to pay an exam fee of Rs. 100/-. However, candidates belonging to the SC/ST category and all female candidates are exempted from paying the exam fee and do not need to make any payment. The fee can be paid online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking, or through E Challan offline fee mode only.
It is important for candidates to note that the exam fee is non-refundable, and once the fee is paid, it cannot be refunded or adjusted for any other exam. Therefore, candidates should ensure that they are eligible for the exam before paying the fee.
Candidates who wish to pay the fee through E Challan offline mode must generate the Challan from the official website of the SSC and make the payment at any designated bank branch. The Challan must be generated and the payment must be made before the last date for payment of the fee, as specified in the notification.
In conclusion, candidates who wish to apply for SSC Stenographer Recruitment must pay an exam fee of Rs. 100/- if they belong to the General or OBC category. SC/ST candidates and all female candidates are exempted from paying the fee. The fee can be paid online through debit card, credit card, net banking, or through E Challan offline fee mode. Candidates must ensure that they pay the fee before the last date for payment of the fee and should also note that the fee is non-refundable.
The selection process for SSC Stenographer Recruitment consists of two stages: Computer Based Test (CBT) and Skill Test. Candidates who qualify for the CBT will be called for the Skill Test, which is the final stage of the selection process.
- Computer-Based Test (CBT): The first stage of the selection process is the Computer Based Test (CBT), which is conducted online. The CBT is a multiple-choice objective type exam, consisting of 200 questions, and carries a total of 200 marks. The duration of the exam is 2 hours. The questions in the CBT are divided into three sections: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Language and Comprehension. The CBT is conducted in both English and Hindi languages, except for the English Language and Comprehension section, which is only in English.
- Skill Test: Candidates who qualify in the CBT will be called for the Skill Test, which is the final stage of the selection process. The Skill Test is a shorthand and transcription test, and is conducted offline. The duration of the Skill Test is 10 minutes for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 15 minutes for Stenographer Grade D’. The shorthand speed required for the Skill Test is 100 words per minute (wpm) for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 wpm for Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The transcription time allowed for the Skill Test is 40 minutes for Stenographer Grade C’ and 50 minutes for Stenographer Grade D’.
The Skill Test is conducted in both English and Hindi languages. Candidates are required to choose the language in which they want to appear for the Skill Test at the time of filling out the application form.
In conclusion, the selection process for SSC Stenographer Recruitment consists of two stages: Computer Based Test (CBT) and Skill Test. Candidates who qualify for the CBT will be called for the Skill Test, which is a shorthand and transcription test. The shorthand speed required for the Skill Test is 100 wpm for Stenographer Grade C’ and 80 wpm for Stenographer Grade D’. Candidates must qualify for both the CBT and Skill Test in order to be selected for the post of Stenographer in various government ministries and departments.
The salary structure for the post of Stenographer in various government ministries and departments under SSC is as per the 7th Pay Commission. The SSC Stenographer salary is different for Grade C and Grade D Stenographers. The salary structure is as follows:
- Stenographer Grade C: The initial basic pay for a Stenographer Grade C is Rs. 47,600/-. In addition to the basic pay, the employee is entitled to various allowances, such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA), etc. The total SSC Stenographer Grade C salary after including all allowances varies from Rs. 55,000/- to Rs. 70,000/- depending on the posting location.
- Stenographer Grade D: The initial basic pay for a Stenographer Grade D is Rs. 25,500/-. In addition to the basic pay, the employee is entitled to various allowances, such as DA, HRA, TA, etc. The total SSC Stenographer Grade D salary after including all allowances varies from Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- depending on the posting location.
It is important to note that the salary of a Stenographer may vary depending on the posting location, and the allowances and other benefits provided by the government may also vary from time to time. However, the basic pay and other details related to the salary structure for SSC Stenographer are as per the 7th Pay Commission.
In conclusion, the salary structure for SSC Stenographers is as per the 7th Pay Commission. The initial basic pay for a Stenographer in Grade C is Rs. 47,600/-, and for Grade D is Rs. 25,500/-. The total salary of a Stenographer after including all allowances may vary from Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 70,000/- depending on the posting location.
SSC Stenographer Tier 1 Exam Pattern 2023
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||A cumulative time of two hours (200 minutes for disabled/Physically handicapped Candidates)|
SSC Stenographer Exam Time Schedule 2023
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration||Time Duration for candidates
who are allowed the scribe
|Stenographer Grade D||English||50 Minutes||70 Minutes|
|Stenographer Grade C||Hindi||65 Minutes||90 Minutes|
|Stenographer Grade C||English||40 Minutes||55 Minutes|
|Stenographer Grade D||Hindi||55 Minutes||75 Minutes|
|Permissible Mistake out of total words|
|Category||Grade C||Grade D|
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023
General Intelligence and Reasoning
SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2023
|Application Begins and the last date to apply online||02/08/2023 TO 23/08/2023|
|Admit Card||Notified Soon|
|Exam Date||12th and 13th October 2023|
Government of India,
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions,
Department of Personnel and Training
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No 12, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003
How to Apply Online to Fill SSC Stenographer Application Form 2023
- Candidates go to the official website of the Staff Selection Commission Organization which is given below the link.
- Now, You Need to Registration for SSC to Apply Online for any post at SSC.
- After Successfully Completing the Registration Process of SSC Steno Recruitment 2023, Candidates now click on the latest vacancies tab.
- Now Select Your Interested Vacancy.
- Now Click on the “New Registration/Online Form/Apply Link” Etc.
PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL WHILE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION FORM.
- Fill in the All Required detail Such as candidate Name, DOB, Mobile No, Email Etc, and Upload Documents.
- Upload all mandatory documents in JPEG/JPG/PNG/PDF format as per the requirement.
- Pay the online Form fees as per your category.
- Click on the final submission button and take a printout for future use.
|Apply Online Link||Click Here|
|PMHelpline Homepage||Click Here|